Guide to doubleTwist Player Settings on Android
Guide to doubleTwist Settings on AndroidTo access Settings, please tap on the icon in the upper right of the doubleTwist homescreen.
- General Settings
- "Lock Screen" will enable the custom doubleTwist lockscreen. This option is disabled by default on all "pure Google" devices such as the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus as they feature integrated lockscreen controls. On all other devices, this option is enabled by default so that the custom doubleTwist lockscreen appears in addition to the system lockscreen.
- "Auto USB drive" will attempt to enable USB Mass Storage mode for USB syncing. If your device is not capable of USB Mass Storage mode, this option will probably not appear. If the option appears but does not activate USB Mass Storage mode on your device, this may be due to customizations done by the manufacturer to their custom version of Android.
- "Lock to portrait" will ensure that the doubleTwist Player interface will be in portrait orientation only and not switch to landscape orientation if you tilt your device sideways.
- "Name:" will let allow you to enter a name for your device for easy reference when syncing.
- "Storage:" will let doubleTwist Player know where your media files are stored if you have a "dual storage" device with internal storage and an external memory card. Available options are "Internal" and "Memory card". This will also set which storage location appears when syncing. Please see this help page for more information. This option will not appear for devices that are not "dual storage".
- Player Settings
- "Scrobble to Last.fm" will enable the sending of track playing data to your Last.fm account. If you do not have the Last.fm app installed, no information will be sent.
- "Use headset controls" will allow you to control doubleTwist Player using a headset with button controls. Single-click to play/pause, double-click to advance, and triple-click to rewind. Please also see this help page for more information.
- "Download album art" will enable automatic artwork downloading if you have the Music Lover upgrade package. Disabling this option means that you will manually download artwork with Music Lover. Please see this help page for more information.
- "Enable AirSync" will enable the AirSync service on your Android device.
- "Set up AirSync" will bring up the AirSync pairing screen, which will also broadcast the presense of your device on the network.
- "AirSync passcode:" will let you reset the current AirSync passcode to a new random passcode.
- "Can't see your device:" will broadcast the presence of your AirSync device on the network.
- "What's my IP address?" will display your device's current IP address so you can manually pair your device to your computer.
- AirTwist & AirPlay
- "Enable Streaming" will make AirTwist and AirPlay active on your device. You must also have "Allow WiFi network" enabled if you want streaming to work on this network. Please see the AirTwist and AirPlay help pages for more information.
- "Hide notifications" will disable the reminder notifications to "Allow WiFi network" when a new WiFi network is detected.
- "Can't see your device?" will broadcast the presence of your AirTwist/AirPlay device on the network.
- "Keep WiFi alive" will prevent the device from sleeping, which greatly reduces WiFi throughput.
- Please see this help page for more information on the options in this section.
- "Reset doubleTwist" will erase the current database and import information from the Android Media Scanner database. This option can be used if your current doubleTwist library contain incomplete information on your media files or you are missing synced playlists. Any playlist changes and ratings information stored only on your Android device will be lost. Any information that's already on your computer will be unaffected.
- "Send Log Files" will generate a number of log files and databases to send to doubleTwist support. These log files and databases will make diagnosing any reported issues easier.
- "Enter Retail Code" will bring up a dialog where you can enter an unlock code given to you by doubleTwist. You do not need a retail
code if you purchased any upgrades from the Google Play Store. Purchased upgrades will automatically unlock once your device has
authenticated successfully with our servers.
- "About" will bring up a dialog with version, copyright and legal information on doubleTwist Player.
Need additional help?
We’re here and ready to help you with doubleTwist. Read frequently asked questions, or get support.