Quick Start Guide to doubleTwist Sync & AirSync syncing (Play Store)
Quick Start Guide to doubleTwist Sync & AirSync syncing (Play Store)doubleTwist Sync supports wireless syncing over WiFi using AirSync.
This is the QuickStart guide for purchasing AirSync) from the Play Store as a downloaded app. Click here if you wish to purchase doubleTwist Pro (which includes AirSync) from within the doubleTwist Player app.
Since AirSync uses WiFi, please make sure that your Android device is connected to the same network as your PC. Your PC can be using either a wired Ethernet connection or a WiFi connection but it needs to be on the same network segment so it can communicate with your Android device.
Also, for best results, please make sure that your Android device has a very stable connection with a signal strength of "Excellent" or "Very Good" and a link speed of 30Mbps or faster. Otherwise, the sync connection can be lost or sync speeds can be very slow.
- Purchase doubleTwist AirSync & install doubleTwist Player from the Play Store.
- Setting up for AirSync on device.
- Install doubleTwist Sync on your PC.
- Making doubleTwist Sync icon always appear in notification area.
- Pairing Android device to PC.
- Item selection and syncing using doubleTwist Sync.
- Verifying synced items on device.
- Download and install AirSync for your Android. The Android screenshots will vary from device to device.
- Search for “AirSync” in the Google Play Store. Select "iTunes AirSync & AirPlay" from the results and tap on the price to begin the purchase process.
- The app permissions screen will appear. AirSync does not require any special permissions. Tap on "CONTINUE" and then "BUY" to purchase AirSync.
- A purchase confirmation will appear and then the AirSync app will begin to download and install.
- Once installed, please tap on "OPEN".
- If doubleTwist Player is not installed, you will see this screen. Tap on "Get Free App" to begin the installation process for doubleTwist Player. If doubleTwist Player is already installed, please continue to Section 2.
- The doubleTwist Player install screen will appear. Tap on "INSTALL".
- A list of requested permissions will appear. Tap on "ACCEPT" to download and install doubleTwist Player for Android. After installation, tap on "OPEN" to launch doubleTwist Player.
- Setting up for AirSync on device.
- Upon first launch, you will see a welcome screen. Click on "Start using doubleTwist!" to proceed. Unselect the "Send a download link..." checkbox if you do not want an email sent to your account with download links to the desktop applications.
- Tap on the doubleTwist icon on the upper right to slide out the menu. Then tap on "Settings".
- The Settings screen will appear. Tap on "AirSync" to expand the AirSync section. Then tap on "Set up AirSync" to bring up the AirSync setup screen. A random 5-digit passcode will be shown. A device name that is derived from your account and device name will also be shown.
- Next, download the doubleTwist Sync installer.
- After downloading, run the installer. You may get a UAC warning screen. Click “Yes” to continue.
- The initial install screen will appear. Read the linked agreements and then click on the checkbox to signify your agreement. Then click on "Next” to continue.
- Next you will see an OpenCandy installer screen with a suggested application. The method to opt-out of installing the suggested application will vary so please carefully review the available options before clicking “Install” to continue. More information is available here.
- The installer will now download and install several components. This can take a very long time if your internet connection is very slow.
- Depending on what OpenCandy offers were offered and accepted, you may also see additional installation screens. Please review the dialogs carefully and choose the appropriate options for your system.
- After all components are downloaded and installed, the "ready to twist!" screen will appear. The two available options are to run doubleTwist Sync after installation and if doubleTwist Sync should automatically run when Windows is started. Click on “Finish” to exit the doubleTwist installer.
- After the installer exits and doubleTwist Sync is first launched, the welcome screen will appear. Click on the "Ok, got it!" button at the bottom to dismiss this screen.
- By default, doubleTwist Sync will appear in the hidden notification area (system tray) of your PC.
- To alway see the doubleTwist icon, please click on "Customize..." in the hidden notification area (system tray).
- The "Notification Area Icon" control panel will appear. Change doubleTwist to "Show icon and notifications".
- The doubleTwist icon will now always show in the notification area (system tray).
- Now we're ready to pair your Android device to your PC.
- Go back into doubleTwist Player for Android. Tap on “Setup” to bring up the pairing screen. (The passcode and device name have changed as the screenshots were taken at different times.)
- Your Android device should now be seen by doubleTwist Sync and a pop-up notification will appear.
- You can click on the notification to bring up the AirSync passcode entry screen. Or you can left-click on the doubleTwist icon to bring up a list of all available AirSync devices. Click on "Configure" to start the pairing process.
- The AirSync pairing screen will appear. Type in the passcode from step 5a and the pairing process will begin. (The AirSync passcode is a randomly generated number and will differ from the screenshot below. You can view or reset this passcode by following step 5 of the AirSync troubleshooting guide).
- There will be a brief delay as information about your Android device is transferred. Then a Device Window will be shown. Detailed information on each of the options can be found in the full doubleTwist Sync Guide.
- doubleTwist Sync automatically scans your iTunes library, Windows Media Player library, and your Music folder for available media and playlists.
- In this example, iTunes has two albums and two playlists while Windows Media Player has a single album and playlist.
- Click on the "Music" tab. If your music library contains any DRM protected songs, you will see the warning dialog below.
Prior to 2009, songs that were purchased from the iTunes Store were protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM), which limits playback to "authorized" devices. The iTunes Store has since converted to a DRM-free model and you can upgrade previously purchased songs to be non-DRM using a subscription to iTunes Match ($24.99/year). Please be sure to re-download all tracks to replace the protected versions with DRM-free versions.
- If you have a large iTunes library or a slow machine, doubleTwist Sync may take a few minutes to parse and import all of the information. Please be patient.
- You will then see the Music sync selection screen. You can choose what to sync to your device using playlists, artists, albums, or genres. More information about syncing can be found in the full doubleTwist Sync Guide. In this example, we are using playlists. All three playlists from iTunes and WMP have been selected.
- Click on "Sync now" and the sync will begin.
- Once the sync is complete, a results summary screen will appear.
- Click in the summary section to get additional details on the files just synced.
- While AirSyncing, the library database is locked so you will not be able to use the doubleTwist Player app to play local files.
- Once the sync is completed, the database will be unlocked. All three albums and playlists from iTunes and WMP are now available on your Android device.
*** If your PC does not see your device, please go through the steps in the AirSync troubleshooting guide. ***
Need additional help?
We’re here and ready to help you with doubleTwist. Read frequently asked questions, or get support.