Android Software Engineer
Join the doubleTwist team: help us create the absolute best in mobile and desktop experiences and touch the lives of millions of people.
Funded by several high-profile investors who backed Skype, Spotify, and Facebook, doubleTwist is building an open media platform that enables the seamless movement and enjoyment of media between all of your devices.Scope:
We are looking for incredibly bright Senior Software Engineers to assist in the architecture, design, and implementation of various parts of this open media platform. You will have one primary area of expertise, but will also contribute development tasks outside of your core area (e.g. other platform, or service vs. client). Besides coding, you will be responsible for assisting with documentation, building test plans, performing code reviews, debugging software, providing design input (very important at doubleTwist!), and helping in every way to ensure the successful rollout of each phase of every project.
- Must be able to dive into existing code and familiarize quickly.
- Should have comprehensive experience with Android development, in particular, you have:
- Written and run an app on an Android device,
- A solid understanding of multi-threaded code and potential pitfalls,
- Written code that handles network changes resiliently,
- Written code that executed in a bandwidth & memory-limited environment,
- Discovered at least two bugs in the core Android framework,
- Be passionionate about creating smooth, intuitive UIs.
- Should have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- It would also be real cool if you had experience with:
- Low-level media player code (decoding, audio processing, etc.),
- Animation using OpenGL or Renderscript,
- Designing/implementing web services (designing APIs, configuring the stack, etc.), especially in a cloud-hosted environment
Location: Austin, Texas
Send your resume to jobs [at] doubleTwist.com with email subject of "Android Software Engineer".What else?
Basically, you need to able to juggle while riding a unicycle -- each alone is cool, but we want both. And yes, a sense of humor is required.
Experience developing digital media applications is a plus, though not a must. Same with having previous startup experience. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt if you’ve used doubleTwist at one point or another.
Bonus points for sending us your resume as an Android app (push to GitHub repo, publish to Android Market, or simply include apk as email attachment).