Web Services Engineer
Join the doubleTwist team: help us create the absolute best in mobile and desktop experiences and touch the lives of millions of people.
Funded by several high-profile investors who backed Skype, Spotify, and Facebook, doubleTwist is building an open media platform that enables the seamless movement and enjoyment of media between all of your devices.Scope:
We are looking for incredibly bright Senior Software Engineers to assist in the architecture, design, and implementation of various parts of this open media platform. You will have one primary area of expertise, but will also contribute development tasks outside of your core area (e.g. other platform, or service vs. client). Besides coding, you will be responsible for assisting with documentation, building test plans, performing code reviews, debugging software, providing design input (very important at doubleTwist!), and helping in every way to ensure the successful rollout of each phase of every project.
- Must be able to dive into existing code and familiarize quickly.
- Must have a proven record of learning and adapting to a new, complex development environments.
- Should have comprehensive experience with web services, in particular, you have:
- Designed & implemented server-side application layer for a scalable web service/app that could gracefully serve millions of users,
- Developed on top of sophisticated MVC frameworks or popular JS-app frameworks,
- Deep and broad grasp of modern markup languages (HTML, CSS, or HAML, SASS, etc.),
- Experience with configuring and deploying a full web stack on AWS (or comparable Paas/Saas/IaaS platform) (e.g. configuring a MySQL database on RDS, nginx or Apache on EC2,
- A fundamental grasp of data structures, schema design, SQL, and the like,
- Unit-tested the crap out of your work,
- Taken a project from requirements document to launch and post-launch maintenance.
- Should have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Send your resume to jobs [at] doubleTwist.com with email subject of "Web Services Engineer".What else?
Basically, you need to able to juggle while riding a unicycle -- each alone is cool, but we want both. And yes, a sense of humor is required.
Experience developing digital media applications is a plus, though not a must. Same with having previous startup experience. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt if you’ve used doubleTwist at one point or another.
Bonus points for sending us your resume as an Android app (push to GitHub repo, publish to Android Market, or simply include apk as email attachment).