Quickstart for Windows XP/Vista and AirSync
Quick Start Guide for Windows XP/Vista & AirSync
- Download and install doubleTwist Player for your Android. The Android screenshots will vary from device to device.
- Search for “doubleTwist” in the Google Play Store. Select "doubleTwist with Magic Radio" from the results and tap on "INSTALL" to begin the installation process.
- A list of requested permissions will appear. Tap on "ACCEPT" to download and install doubleTwist Player for Android.
- Upon first launch, the screens that appears will vary depending on if you have any music on your device.
- If you have music on your device, the normal doubleTwist home screen will appear. Tap on the "Settings" icon on the upper right and then tap on "AirSync" to expand the section.
- If you have purchased AirSync for iTunes from the Google Play Store or doubleTwist Pro from within the app, tapping on "Set up AirSync" will bring up the AirSync Setup screen. After the setup screen appears, please go to Step 3 in this guide to install doubleTwist on your computer.
- Otherwise, if you have not purchased any upgrades with AirSync, tapping on "Set up AirSync" bring up up the doubleTwist Store. Go to step 2g in this guide for additional steps on how to purchase doubleTwist Pro.
- If you have no music on your device, you will see this screen. Tap on "Get started with syncing" to proceed.
- If you have purchased AirSync for iTunes from the Google Play Store or doubleTwist Pro previously, you will see the AirSync Setup screen. When the setup screen appears, please go to Step 3 in this guide to install doubleTwist on your computer. Otherwise, please go to the next step to purchase doubleTwist Pro.
- From this screen, you can tap on "Get AirSync Now" to enter the doubleTwist Store to purchase doubleTwist Pro or tap on "Email download link" to have us send you an email with a download link to the desktop application. You can also download the application from our website.
- From the doubleTwist Store, you can purchase doubleTwist Pro (or a doubleTwist Pro Upgrade if you've previously purchased any other upgrades) or you can subscribe to Magic Radio. More information about Magic Radio is available at this link.
- Tap on "doubleTwist Pro" to purchase. A screen with more information on the doubleTwist Pro features will appear. Tap on "Buy Now" and a confirmation screen will appear. Tap on "BUY" to proceed. After the payment is processed, there will be a short delay as the doubleTwist Player app authenticates the purchase.
- Once the purchase is authenticated, the doubleTwist home screen will appear. Tap on the "Settings" icon on the upper right and then tap on "AirSync" to expand the section. Tap "Set up AirSync" and the AirSync Setup screen will appear. When setup screen appears, please go to Step 3 to install doubleTwist on your computer.
- Next, download and install doubleTwist for Windows.
- After downloading, run the installer. You may get a UAC warning screen. Click “Yes” to continue.
- The initial install screen will appear. Click “Next” to continue.
- Next you will see an OpenCandy installer screen. The method to opt-out of installing the suggested application will vary so please carefully analyze the available options before clicking “Install” to continue. More information is available at this help page
- The installer will now download and install several components. This may take a few minutes if your internet connection is very slow.
- After all components are download and installed, you can click “Finish” to run the doubleTwist.
- You may also see another installation confirmation dialog box if you chose to install the suggested application.
- On first launch, doubleTwist will scan and import your iTunes and Windows Media Player library into the doubleTwist library. It will also scan your Music folder for any additional music files. All music files are tracked by their file system locations so if these files are already in the iTunes or Windows Media Player library, they will not be added again.
- In this example, in iTunes there are two albums. doubleTwist will now also have access to these two albums.
- To import your iTunes playlists, click on “Playlist Setup” in the left hand navigation bar. Then click on “Import” in the main navigation area.
- Your iTunes playlists will then be imported.
- If you encountered any difficulty with importing iTunes playlists, please see this help page.
- Next, let’s setup AirSync. Please ensure that both your Android device and computer are connected to the same network.
- Go back into doubleTwist Player for Android. Tap on “Setup” to bring up the pairing screen. A 5-digit passcode will be presented onscreen. Your device name will also be displayed under “Step 2:”.
- Your Android device should appear in the left hand navigation area of the computer application with an AirSync logo next to it.
If it does not, please try all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this help page.
- Clicking on the device will bring up the passcode entry screen in the main navigation area. Type in the passcode from step 5a and the pairing process will begin. (The AirSync passcode is a randomly generated number and will differ from the screenshot below. You can view or reset this passcode by following step 5 of the AirSync troubleshooting guide).
- Once the pairing process has completed successfully, the AirSync icon will change to a down arrow and additional icons will appear below your device.
- With your Android device paired with your PC, you can now setup the sync process.
- The doubleTwist application now recognizes your Android device and displays it in the left hand navigation.
- Click on the checkbox next to “Music” in the main navigation screen to sync all music in your library. You can also sync only selected playlists by clicking on “Choose playlists”.
- Click “Sync” to begin the sync process.
- The synced music is now on your Android device. You can view the list by clicking on “Music” under the device in the left hand navigation.
- More information about syncing can be found in this help page.
- The synced music and playlists now appears in doubleTwist for Android.
Need additional help?
We’re here and ready to help you with doubleTwist. Read frequently asked questions, or get support.