Quickstart for Windows XP/Vista and AirSync (Play Store)
Quick Start Guide for Windows XP/Vista & AirSync (Play Store)This is the QuickStart guide for purchasing AirSync) from the Play Store as a downloaded app. Click here if you wish to purchase doubleTwist Pro (which includes AirSync) from within the doubleTwist Player app.
Since AirSync uses WiFi, please make sure that your Android device is connected to the same network as your computer. Your computer can be using either a wired Ethernet connection or a WiFi connection but it needs to be on the same network segment so it can communicate with your Android device.
Also, for best results, please make sure that your Android device has a very stable connection with a signal strength of "Excellent" or "Very Good" and a link speed of 30Mbps or faster. Otherwise, the sync connection can be lost or sync speeds can be very slow.
- Download and install AirSync for your Android. The Android screenshots will vary from device to device.
- Search for “AirSync” in the Google Play Store. Select "iTunes AirSync & AirPlay" from the results and tap on the price to begin the purchase process.
- The app permissions screen will appear. AirSync does not require any special permissions. Tap on "CONTINUE" and then "BUY" to purchase AirSync.
- A purchase confirmation will appear and then the AirSync app will begin to download and install.
- Once installed, please tap on "OPEN".
- If doubleTwist Player is not installed, you will see this screen. Tap on "Get Free App" to begin the installation process for doubleTwist Player. If doubleTwist Player is already installed, please continue to Section 2.
- The doubleTwist Player install screen will appear. Tap on "INSTALL".
- A list of requested permissions will appear. Tap on "ACCEPT" to download and install doubleTwist Player for Android. After installation, tap on "OPEN" to launch doubleTwist Player.
- Setting up for AirSync on device with no music.
- Upon first launch, the behavior will vary slightly depending on if your device has music or not. If your device has no music, the AirSync setup screen will be presented after the initial startup screens. Unselect the "Send a download link..." checkbox if you do not want an email sent to your account with download links to the desktop applications.
- Once you tap on "Start using doubleTwist!", the AirSync setup screen will appear. A random 5-digit passcode will be shown. A device name that is derived from your account and device name will also be shown. Please skip the next section and proceed to installing the doubleTwist application on your computer.
- Setting up for AirSync on device with music.
- On a device with music, you will also get the same startup screens. Unselect the "Send a download link..." checkbox if you do not want an email sent to your account with download links to the desktop applications.
- But instead of the AirSync setup screen, you will be taken to the Albums section when you tap on "Start using doubleTwist!". To access the AirSync startup screen, tap on the doubleTwist icon on the upper right to slide out the menu. Then tap on "Settings".
- The Settings screen will appear. Tap on "AirSync" to expand the AirSync section. Then tap on "Set up AirSync" to bring up the AirSync setup screen. A random 5-digit passcode will be shown. A device name that is derived from your account and device name will also be shown.
- Next, download and install doubleTwist for Windows.
- After downloading, run the installer. You may get a UAC warning screen. Click “Yes” to continue.
- The initial install screen will appear. Click “Next” to continue.
- Next you will see an OpenCandy installer screen. The method to opt-out of installing the suggested application will vary so please carefully analyze the available options before clicking “Install” to continue. More information is available at this help page
- The installer will now download and install several components. This may take a few minutes if your internet connection is very slow.
- After all components are download and installed, you can click “Finish” to run the doubleTwist.
- You may also see another installation confirmation dialog box if you chose to install the suggested application.
- On first launch, doubleTwist will scan and import your iTunes and Windows Media Player library into the doubleTwist library. It will also scan your Music folder for any additional music files. All music files are tracked by their file system locations so if these files are already in the iTunes or Windows Media Player library, they will not be added again.
- In this example, in iTunes there are two albums. doubleTwist will now also have access to these two albums.
- To import your iTunes playlists, click on “Playlist Setup” in the left hand navigation bar. Then click on “Import” in the main navigation area.
- Your iTunes playlists will then be imported.
- If you encountered any difficulty with importing iTunes playlists, please see this help page.
- Next, let’s setup AirSync. Please ensure that both your Android device and computer are connected to the same network.
- Go back into doubleTwist Player for Android. Tap on “Setup” to bring up the pairing screen. A 5-digit passcode will be presented onscreen. Your device name will also be displayed under “Step 2:”.
- Your Android device should appear in the left hand navigation area of the computer application with an AirSync logo next to it.
If it does not, please try all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this help page.
- Clicking on the device will bring up the passcode entry screen in the main navigation area. Type in the passcode from step 5a and the pairing process will begin. (The AirSync passcode is a randomly generated number and will differ from the screenshot below. You can view or reset this passcode by following step 5 of the AirSync troubleshooting guide).
- Once the pairing process has completed successfully, the AirSync icon will change to a down arrow and additional icons will appear below your device.
- With your Android device paired with your PC, you can now setup the sync process.
- The doubleTwist application now recognizes your Android device and displays it in the left hand navigation.
- Click on the checkbox next to “Music” in the main navigation screen to sync all music in your library. You can also sync only selected playlists by clicking on “Choose playlists”.
- Click “Sync” to begin the sync process.
- The synced music is now on your Android device. You can view the list by clicking on “Music” under the device in the left hand navigation.
- More information about syncing can be found in this help page.
- The synced music and playlists now appears in doubleTwist Player on your Android device.
Need additional help?
We’re here and ready to help you with doubleTwist. Read frequently asked questions, or get support.