Guide to doubleTwist Purchases & Upgrades
This help page will explain how you can purchase upgrades to unlock additional functionality in the Music Player app. If you want to reinstall a previously purchased upgrade, please see this help page if you purchased the upgrade from the Play Store or this help page if you purchased the upgrade from within our app as an in-app purchase.
doubleTwist Music Player for Android is free to use but there are a number of upgrades that you can purchase to enhance your Twisting experience:
- AirSync: This is an app purchase from the Google Play Store which provides wireless syncing with your computer and streaming to Airplay devices and the PS3/XB360 via UPnP/DLNA. More information is available at these links.
- Quickstart guide to AirSync on Windows 7 & 8
- Quickstart guide to AirSync on Windows XP/Vista
- Quickstart guide to AirSync on Mac OSX
- Streaming to Apple TV, Airport Express, and other AirPlay Devices
- Streaming to XBox 360, PlaysStation 3, and other UPnP/DLNA devices
- MagicPlay/AirPlay: This is an app purchase from the Google Play Store which activates AirPlay functionality in doubleTwist Music Player. This is the same AirPlay functionality as the AirSync app but at a lower price since it's only AirPlay and does not include AirSync or UPnP/DLNA functionality. You do not need to purchase this app if you already have AirSync unless you have a rooted device and want to stream to Airplay devices using Google Play Music.
- doubleTwist Pro: This is an in-app purchase from within our app which bundles AirSync functionality along with Music Lover for EQ and artwork downloading along with ad-free Podcasting.
- If you've previously purchased AirSync, Music Lover, Podcasts or AirSync + Music Lover, you can upgrade to doubleTwist Pro by purchasing the discounted doubleTwist Pro Upgrade option.